MY RECENT VISIT TO DOMINICA LEFT ME VERY IMPRESSED & CONVINCED
I took the opportunity to visit a good friend, and shared some precious moments in her office. I want to tell her thank you again for the welcome and appreciation.
My experience during my most recent visit to Dominica a week ago is worth sharing.
In spite of all what is being said by the enemies and haters of Dominica, people who live overseas should see with their own eyes and listen with their own ears to what is happening in Dominica.
Hurricane Maria levelled Dominica in September of 2017 but today it is very difficult to notice if a category 5 hurricane hit Dominica 16 months ago.
Tourists visiting the island just to see what a cat 5 hurricane can do, were disappointed. A group of them told me that their trip wasn’t worth it because they came to the wrong island to see hurricane destruction. However they did enjoy the beauty, tranquility and hospitality that surround Dominica.
Hearing about it and seeing it are two completely different stories. I was convinced that the people speaking negatively about Dominica on face book haven’t visited the island recently. They need to do so.
Everywhere I went people were praising the great job being done by the government after the destructive force of Maria left the island in ruins. Blue roofs are history, roads, bridges, sea, river, and ravine defenses are moving ahead rapidly. I drove from Douglas Charles to Roseau on polished roads and well lighted highways.
I made a courtesy call on the Prime Minister and was surprised to see so many people who there to see him. Many of them were seeking assistance for housing and off-island medical attention which were all approved. I saw everyone leaving the prime Minister’s office with a happy face.
I never once heard the Prime Minister ask them who they were supporting. Neither did I hear the security officers asking anyone if they are supporting labour before allowing them to go upstairs to see the Prime Minister.
Every corner I passed people were talking about how well the Prime Minister is working in Dominica. Love and money is flowing in the country. Taxi drivers, contractors, farmers, hairdressers, manicurist, spas, barbers, fishermen, bakers just name them; all are making good business in Dominica.
Feeling the political pulse it would seem like only on face book the opposition has most of its support. Also, most of them supporting on fb reside overseas and are unaware of the progress and development taking place in the country. We know very well that some of them are haters of Dominica.
While the opposition sits idly by making noise and criticizing everything good and progressive, the Prime Minister is moving the country forward with progress and development in order to eradicate poverty and to give everyone a chance to prosper.
Everywhere I passed I saw red. From what I saw and heard it would seem like the people supporting the opposition are those showing up at their protests and demonstrations because everybody else is talking good about the Prime Minister and that’s why I am voting Labour.

Comments
Post a Comment