ONCE UPON A TIME, I WAS A BANK MANAGER

 ONCE UPON A TIME, 

I WAS A BANK MANAGER

On 29th May the Minister sent for Julius Corbett and handed to him a letter, dated 29th May 2001, in which the Minister stated he had given careful consideration to the respondent’s letter defending himself against the allegations and recommendation made by the  Board but that the minister did not accept that the respondent’s response was a sufficient answer. 

As a result, the Minister stated,  “... I hereby terminate your employment as General Manager of NCB with effect from  May  29  2001,  and in accordance with  Clause  5  of your  Employment  Agreement,  on grounds that you have consistently failed to satisfactorily perform duties related to your job, and comply with instructions and directions given you by the Board of Directors.


However today I rummaged in my expensive Samsung fridge where I found an eight  [8] month old tannia.  One more month and that Tannia would have delivered by C Section.
That tannia was so dry, it took three gallons of water to soften it in my Samsung wireless steamer.

When I was a banker, I would have fresh Yellow Fin Tuna, but today I opened a fresh can of Sardine, my fish supplement.

I remember the days when my table was filled with company like Judy Berry and others , yet today I sit alone waiting to return to Dominica to lead the APP with my team of ladies.  I shall return to lead the people of Dominica based on the advice from Alex.


Comments