The Rt. Hon. Patricia Scotland on her re-election as the Secretary-General of the Commonwealth.

I would like to thank the President of Rwanda, H.E. Paul Kagame for his hospitality as the host of the Commonwealth Heads of Government 2022.

I would also like to extend my congratulations to H.E. The Rt. Hon. Patricia Scotland on her re-election as the Secretary-General of the Commonwealth.

We have had intense discussions during the past few days. Small Island Developing States (SIDS) continue to battle with the disastrous effects of hurricanes, food insecurity and increasing poverty levels. Therefore, climate-related financing pledged by the world’s largest greenhouse gas emitters, must be prioritised to enhance the capacity of SIDS to respond to these challenges.

I continue to implore my colleague heads of Government to make a difference to the status quo so that history will mark us as the group of leaders who walked it like we talked it

Comments